Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Katrina Hadjimichael Design



This quilt was being taught in a class at "Pioneer Patchwork" by Katrina Hadjimichael.  She made it in navy blues and darker colours.  I wanted to make mine the same but at the time I could not find a range of blues that looked good together.  In the end I found this range of fabrics at Spotlight and began making the quilt in bright blues.  This is as far as I have gone with it.  I have to make 3 more of these borders and they take a lot of work.  I will get back to it at some satge!  I love the centre border and really enjoyed doing it.  The hearts on this border are cut out of one piece of fabric and it is hard to get them on the fabric looking even and centred.  It will be fantastic when it is together but I think it will be a long process.  I'm off now to look at some other blogs, I had so much fun last time - will blog again soon!   Robyn

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this quilt Robyn... love the colours. It is going to be so beautiful when it is finish...

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete