Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Postcards, Letters, Memories....


This is the first quilt that I made from beginning to end.  It is based on a pattern by Jenny Thurling who owned the shop, "Patchwork Mania" at Camden (it has since closed).  I followed the pattern and quilted butterflies in the squares, on my machine.  I also used a continuous butterfly design on the boarders.  I got such a sense of satisfaction from quilting the quilt myself.  I still try to quilt many of my quilts now but if they are large quilts I prefer to get them quilted professionally.  You can see the detail of the butterfly design, in the squares, in the first photo.  I cannot remember the name of the material but the theme was letters and memories.  You can see the handwriting and postage stamps in the close up photo.

1 comment:

  1. What a great name for a quilt... LOVE the colours too..

    Sandyn

    ReplyDelete